Thursday, March 24, 2011

Escaping the Cravings & Uncontrollable Desires

I think it's safe to say when someone makes a decision to create a 180 degree change in your their life, it's due to a habit created that you aren't proud of. There is something that has morphed you into a state of being too comfortable that you have lost control of you. In a sense, the habit has taken control of you. We have all been there, in one state or another and sometimes it takes a rude awakening to realize it. The loss of a loved one, the change in your clothes, the change in your attitude, it could be anything really. We have been then set on auto-pilot... 

Personally, I couldn't depend on my strength alone when it came to my journey of weight loss. I mean, come on I had always been active in sports my entire life without the concern of fluctuating weight. With my knee injury setting me back, it was like starting from scratch but without the help of a coach at your first practice. That's where you learn all the tools and how to apply them when it really counts. Practice enables you to learn all scenarios in case one occurs when the game is on the line. Well, I felt so alone when I realized that I... ME... got MYSELF to be 60+ lbs overweight and I need to get back to who I was. 

It's easy to become overwhelmed with not only the decision to change but while envisioning the process. It's a lot of work when you sit and think about every meal you need to be prepared for, or every birthday party coming up or even the unexpected homemade Mexican food mom has made (and it's your favorite) It takes a lot more than just your own decision, it takes faith. Faith doesn't demand sight. It can be something you NEVER thought you could do. Therefore you don't have to picture yourself wearing that size 2 dress or you crossing that marathon finish line. All you need to do is believe, even if you can't see that it's possible.

That's how I can keep pushing. Some people don't believe there is ONE God and ONE way, but based on the word of God that has been written over 2,000 years ago with hard manuscripts that have the exact same words used in today's bible, I believe in something I have never seen. I believe so much that I have changed my life to be obedient to the word of God and things started happening I NEVER THOUGHT could! The first, my weight loss, second, the purchase of our home and third our wedding. These things seems do far fetched and impossible, it would take a greater power to achieve. I gave it all to God and remained obedient.

I have said all that to say this, if there is a decision that you have made in your life to make an entire 180 degree turn there is something you need to believe in. It starts with you, having faith... after faith comes power, the power to remain diligent to your decision. After diligence is knowledge, knowing and being prepared for the crazy circumstances in life. They will happen, they always do. Then one of the most important... SELF CONTROL. We need self control to gain stability in our everyday life, with our significant other, our kids, or parents, and work. Realizing it's OK to say no sometimes and stopping yourself from taking that extra bite even when no one is looking. Ask your self, do you have control of yourself?

As mentioned the first step is realizing that, acknowledging it and let's make the move. I believe in you, now you should believe in yourself. We have the tools right in front of our face. Let's grab the bull by the horn and press on. Faith is foundational! All YOU need to do is build.

No comments:

Post a Comment