First off, my life may appear in many ways simple or maybe just ordinary. Although, as each day arrives it brings its challenges. Some at first ,seem too hard to bear. One thing I have learned thus far, that faith in Christ can and will bring you through each and every storm stronger!
Today, including the past week I have felt a bit more tired than usual. It could be lots of things and one thing I do know is that it's a test. The enemy knows when you feel down and wants to kick you while your there too!!! I continue to pray and seek the Lord for strength.
Since reaching my Weight Watchers lifetime goal of 139 lbs back in June of 2009 I have gained back about 11lbs! BIG WHOOP right.... WRONG!!! Those last few pounds felt like more than sweat... it was something inside that needed to shift for me to lose those last few.
Needless to say, I am back on a mission to lose these last 11 lbs and you know what, it is going to take me at LEAST 6 months! Yes, to some 11lbs is water weight, to me... well, it gaining my inner strength, my dignity and my confidence BACK! While some of you need to lose more than just 11 lbs, please know I have traveled that path and know that I feel your anguish, and you are not alone. I remember being 205+ lbs crying alone in my bedroom on my hands and knees asking God to help me, I was so lost and felt so helpless...
Which leads me to the reason for this blog... when I gained my weight in High School all though College (and beyond) I felt alone, abandoned and disconnected. Not only with my loved ones but especially with myself. That was by far the hardest thing I needed to accept. I looked, acted, and thought the way I did because of how I SAW MYSELF. Not for what I could be, or who I wanted to be. I let myself down and I know its only 11lbs but I am starting to catch myself setting into the self-pity state and I don't want to stay there. I am reaching out to all of you who are attempting to lose that weight that is dragging you down physically & emotionally. I am here for you and you are not alone, we can do this together...
My goal is to motive and be with you along this journey while sharing my experiences, habits (good and bad) and what keeps me going... which is my unwavering faith in the Lord Jesus!
Even if you don't have the faith I have, let's take this journey together and see where it leads us.
Many Blessings to you & yours,
Isabel
No comments:
Post a Comment