I realized I've had to change my state of mind to help myself realize that I am bringing a new life into this world and I am not just "eating whatever I want, because I am can" like I did when I was 200+ lbs. I catch myself double checking every choice I make not only because I want to make that healthy choice for my son and myself, but also because I tend to revert back to the my over analytical self and I began to miss the joy of this time in our life.
Trust me, losing my weight in 2009 was an uphill battle and I needed tight reigns, that is what I needed to succeed at that time in my life. I have to keep reminding myself, I know the better choice and I will still continue to choose the better choice while I am pregnant to help enable a healthy lifestyle for our son, and continue to be a supportive partner to my husband with managing his diabetes.
A great reminder I love to read is Jeremiah 29:11
11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
There is no reason I should hang my head in sorrow or pitty because I feel all my previous hard work is being deminshed. I need to remember that my healthy habits have not been lost, if wasn't for losing all the weight and gaining a healthy lifestyle I could have easily started out my pregnancy at 200+lbs and maybe not have had the pregnancy I have today. All I know is that I am so greatful for the choices I have made as difficult as it is some days, I know that our precious Jeremiah is worth all the weight in the world as long as I am making healthy choices the best way I know how.
God gives me the strength to live each day as a gift and without God, I know I wouldn't be where or who I am today.
Isaiah 40: 29-31
29 He gives strength to the weary
and increases the power of the weak.
30 Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall;
31 but those who hope in the LORD
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.
Can you see him? He is looking right at us!
Our best glimsp of Jeremiah at 28 weeks old
starting to really show at 28 weeks now :)



No comments:
Post a Comment